Level 2 Award in the Prevention and Control of Infection
Course Length: 4-12 weeks average course length
Awarding Body: TQUK E-Certificates upon achievement
Course Level: Level 2
Funding (Subject to availability): Funded
Learning Method(s): Online learning materials with online assessment
An understanding of how to effectively prevent and control the spread of infection is crucial in ensuring that individuals do not unknowingly cause their family, friends, colleagues and any other people that they come into contact with to become unwell.
By completing this course, you will be equipped with a greater understanding of how to prevent and control the spread of infection, both in the workplace and in the home. You will also gain knowledge of how to identify infections, as well as the different types of infection.
This course is split into three manageable units:
Unit 1: Causes and spread of infection (8 questions)
Unit 2: The principles of infection prevention and control (18 questions)
Unit 3: Cleaning, decontamination and waste management (10 questions).
The benefits of this course include:
- You will gain a nationally recognised qualification
- You will develop a greater understanding of the cause and spread of infection
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure that they have the support needed to succeed.