Level 1 Award in Awareness of Substance Misuse
Course Length: 4-12 weeks average course length
Awarding Body: CACHE E-Certificates upon achievement
Course Level: Level 1
Funding (Subject to availability): Funded
Learning Method(s): Online learning materials with online assessment
Are you interested in completing some substance misuse awareness training? UK employers, particularly in the health and social care sector, are often interested in candidates who have knowledge of this subject area, so this course would look great on your CV. This qualification aims to introduce you to the dangers and risks surrounding substance misuse. You will learn about different types of substances, why people take drugs, the laws surrounding drugs, the effects of drug use and perceptions of substance misuse.
This course is split into four manageable units:
Section 1: Substances that are commonly misused
In this section, you will cover the reasons why people use substances, the types of substances that are misused and the factors that can influence the effects of substances.
Section 2: The personal and social effects of substance misuse
You will study the harmful effects of substance misuse on individuals and society, as well as where to get support and advice on substance misuse.
Section 3: The perceptions of and responses to substance misuse
This section covers how stereotyping affects users and how media reporting affects people's perceptions of substance misuse. You will also cover statistics about substance misuse.
Section 4: Ways to promote healthy choices and build resilience
You will look at the risk factors and protective factors for substance misuse, ways to protect individuals from the risks of substance misuse and the barriers to making healthy choices.
The benefits of this course include:
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 1 qualification
- Learn from your own home, in your own time
- Access to award-winning learning and assessment materials
- Potential to progress on to further substance misuse awareness training
- UK-based support network to help guide you through your studies
- Subject specialist support from a Tutor and access to a Learner Support Advisor for everyday queries
- Funding available – speak to one of our team for more information and to see if you are eligible.